Feature Wrap Title
Feature Wrap Subtitle
124 S Second Street
PO Box 89
River Falls, WI 54022
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to Noon
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. to Noon
Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to Noon
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to Noon
*For Operations contact a teller.
Officers & Selected Personnel
The friendly and knowledgeable staff at the River Falls State Bank is truly dedicated to excellent customer service. Our average full-time employee has been with the bank for over 12 years. That's experience you can trust!
Contact us today for help with any of your financial needs, and you'll see why we can confidently claim to be a leader in:
- Todd R. Schultz is our President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chairman of the Board of Directors. He is a lifelong resident of River Falls, a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and the Graduate School of Banking. He has been with the River Falls State Bank since 2005. NMLS #799694
- Kerri L. Olson, Vice President, can assist you with residential or personal mortgages, automobile, and home equity loans. She is a lifelong resident of River Falls and has been with the bank since 2001. NMLS #934718
- Jeffrey R. Schuman, Assistant Vice President, can assist you with mortgages as well as commercial, auto and personal loans. Growing up in Iowa, he also spent time in Minnesota before moving to River Falls in 2014. He graduated from Luther College with a degree in Accounting and has a Masters of Accountancy at the University of Iowa. He has been with the bank since 2019. NMLS #1924319
- Mike V. Miller, Loan Officer, can assist you with mortgages, auto, commercial, and personal loans. A native of River Falls, Mike has extensive experience as a local business owner and commercial real estate investor. After graduating with an undergraduate degree from UW-Eau Claire and MBA from Maryville University in St Louis, MO, Mike spent 10 years in private industry before purchasing his first River Falls business. He has been with the bank since June, 2021. NMLS #2174092
Mark W. Poff joined the bank in 2013 as the Chief Financial Officer and Cashier. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and a Certified Public Accountant. He handles the internal accounting work for the bank and is also the Personnel Officer.
- Barb Dusek, Andrea Davidson and Michele Kurrelmeyer are our Customer Service Representatives. They can help with opening any new deposit account, cashing savings bonds, check orders, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), safe deposit boxes, wire transfers, and any of our other products and services.
- Andrew Erickson is our Head Teller. Andrew makes sure all of your teller transactions are handled quickly, accurately and courteously. He has been with the River Falls State Bank since 2013.
- Karen DesLauriers, AVP/Operations Manager. You may contact her with questions regarding Operations.
- Nicky Simpson, Laura Bower and Kara Hoier are our Loan Assistants. They can answer any of your questions regarding a new or existing loan. In addition, they can also help you with Notary Public services.
- Denise Burkett, Sue Grisar and Nicole Somusson are our Operations Specialists. Contact them for any information you may need regarding your accounts.
- Wendy Querna, Assistant Vice President/Loan Compliance, is responsible for our loan compliance and internal audit operations.
- Debbie Eastman, Assistant Vice President/BSA/Deposit Compliance, is responsible for the the bank's deposit compliance.
- Austin Hines, Operations & Compliance Specialist
- Representing the bank in a professional, positive and friendly manner.
- Promptly handling customer transactions accurately, efficiently, and confidentially.
- Helping customers with their questions, problems, or complaints.
- Recognizing a customer’s need for additional services we can provide and referring them to the appropriate person.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in customer service.
- Positive attitude, professional image, and self-motivation.
- Basic computer, data entry, and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work evenings and Saturday morning rotation.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Complementary logo wear.
- Free banking services.
- Potential for annual bonuses.
Or email a resume to [email protected] (Please put Part-Time Teller in the subject line.)
The River Falls State Bank opened its doors to the community on October 3, 1949. The original bank building was located at the intersection of Main and Elm Streets. The idea of a new bank in River Falls was strongly supported by many local residents who felt that River Falls had grown to the point where another bank was needed and that local consumers wanted a choice on where they could do their banking. A small group of local residents started the leg work and paperwork to get the new bank formed. This group truly made it a "community bank" as local residents were given the opportunity to buy stock in this new bank. The bank was capitalized with $65,000.00, consisting of 650 shares of stock sold to local investors.
The initial Board of Directors consisted of Newton Pearson, L.J. Kay, Chester Anderson, Otto Kulstad, John W. Davison, Osmar Wilkins and Frank L. Anderson. Business was brisk the first year, and after one year of operation the bank had grown from $144,169 in assets to $861,648.
In this picture (right), the officers and directors of the River Falls State Bank check the financial progress of the bank during its first year. Shown here are Frank Anderson, Newton Pearson, C.A. Anderson, John W. Davison, L.J. Kay, Stanley Larson, Otto Kulstad and seated, E.S. Davison. The bank continued to grow and prosper, and in 1963, the Board decided that the time had come to make improvements to the existing bank. Renovations were completed in 1965, just in time for our 16th anniversary.
In 1969, E.S. Davison (left), who had been with the bank since its formation in 1949, was named President of the bank. By 1973, the existing bank facilities had become inadequate and it was necessary to move to new quarters. In July of 1973, we broke ground at our current location on 2nd Street. Construction lasted a little more than a year, and we opened for business on August 26, 1974.
In 1982, Donald W. Larson was named President of the bank. Don had been with the bank since 1964. He retired from the bank in 1994, after 30 years at the River Falls State Bank and 40 total years in banking. After Don Larson retired, Dan Davison was named President of the bank. He started with the bank in 1978 as a part time teller and worked in almost every department over his 40-year career. He served as President from 1994 until his retirement in March 2018. Upon Dan's retirement, Todd Schultz (right) was appointed President of the bank. He began with the bank in 2005 after graduating from UW-River Falls. The assets of the bank currently total over $90,000,000. Our current Board of Directors consists of: Todd Schultz, Dan Davison, Richard Cashman Jr., Stu Krueger, Brent Larson, Dr. Mark Ritzinger, and Robert Moody Jr. We have approximately 30 employees with our average full-time employee being employed by the bank for over 12 years.
While the River Falls State Bank enjoys an interesting and rewarding past, we are continually looking to the future. Innovative services, such as this web site, allow the River Falls State Bank to provide convenient and secure access to your accounts, while providing exceptional customer service. We would like to thank you for your business in the past, and we look forward to serving you in the future.